Employment Opportunity at Venture Logistics, Inc.
We’re always looking for quality company drivers to join our family, with benefits and unique bonus programs designed with the driver in mind. To learn more about how you can join our driving team, please click Company Driver or Owner Operator
Venture Logistics frequently recruits for Driver Managers (Dispatchers) and Mechanics, check here often for the positions that we are recruiting for. Also, we frequently post on Career Builder and Monster.com. Look for us there!
In addition to a pleasant working environment, we offer a full array of benefits that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. Venture Logistics is privately held and has over 500 employees throughout the United States. Send your resume to HR@Venlog.com.
Current Employment Openings
Venture Logistics is an asset based, privately held transportation company with over 350 power units and 1000 trailers. Our headquarters are located on the south side of Indianapolis.
We have immediate openings for:
Logistics Carrier Account Manager
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing brokerage transportation providers and develop and establish a strong database of carriers.
- Communicate daily/weekly with our key carrier base to ensure utilization of their available equipment capacity.
- Post available loads on transportation posting boards.
- Responsible for rate negotiation that will maximize profit while maintaining customer and carrier relationships.
- Understand and execute the company requirements for adding new carriers.
- Ensure carriers have proper documentation, (i.e. operating authority, insurance coverage, credit information), and are following contractual operating procedures.
- Enter, verify, and maintain all customer and carrier information in the operating system. Update carrier and customer profiles as required.
- Monitor, track and update shipments in transit and communicate status to customer.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere.
- Competitive spirit
- Great communication skills – verbal and written
- Outgoing personality (need to be a real people person)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to use sound judgment in negotiation and decision making
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Windows and related windows software, web-based applications, and the ability to master industry specific software
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment while also delivering independent results
- Prefer a college degree in Business Administration, Management, Operations, Logistics, or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Transportation industry experience, preferably in both truckload, dry van and flatbed operations. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
To apply for this position send your resume and cover letter to HR@venlog.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection.
- Perform safety inspections in accordance with FMCSA 49 CFR 396.
- Diagnose and repair engine issues using specific manufacturer software systems.
- Diagnose and repair HVAC issues including evac and recharge A/C units.
- Repair or replace brakes, wheel seals, suspension parts and coupling devices.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and pneumatic issues.
- Repair or replace chassis, suspension and axle components including, but not limited to: air bags, shocks, brakes, ABS modules, air tanks and lines.
- Repair or replace ICC bumpers, braces and dolly assemblies.
- Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, doors, door seals, wall and roof panels.
- Perform general repairs to company equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
Dispatcher/Driver Manager – All Shifts
(Some weekend work required)
About the Job: As our dispatcher you will assure our freight is delivered on schedule. You will track and verify orders by using TMW: assuring our company drivers are operating in accordance with D.O.T. rules and regulations.
Your job duties will include:
- Tracking drivers and loads that are assigned to you.
- Assigning trailers, drivers and trucks in TMW
- Dispatching drivers on their assigned routes assuring they have manifests and appropriate paperwork.
- Communicating with our customers, suppliers and your co-workers, by phone, e-mail fax, etc, keeping them informed.
- One to 2 years of Operations experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills, out of the box thinking and a sense of humor will help you to succeed in this position.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with customers and your co-workers
- The ability to analyze and interpret information as it comes across your desk
- The ability to deal with complexity and solve problems independently or with your co-workers, if available.
- The ability to work alone and with others in a time sensitive, deadline oriented environment.
- Experience with TMW, Outlook, fax machines, copiers strongly preferred but not required.
If you feel you are qualified for one of these positions, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you may send your resume to:
c/o Venture Logistics,
1101 Harding Court
Indianapolis, IN 46217
Fax to: (317) 787-1184
Venture Logistics is an ISO Certified Total Transportation Company in operation since 1992 and an MFDV Equal Opportunity Employer.