Employment Opportunity at Venture Logistics, Inc.
We’re always looking for quality company drivers to join our family, with benefits and unique bonus programs designed with the driver in mind. To learn more about how you can join our driving team, please click Company Driver or Owner Operator
Venture Logistics frequently recruits for Driver Managers (Dispatchers) and Mechanics, check here often for the positions that we are recruiting for. Also, we frequently post on Career Builder and Monster.com. Look for us there!
In addition to a pleasant working environment, we offer a full array of benefits that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. Venture Logistics is privately held and has over 500 employees throughout the United States. Send your resume to HR@Venlog.com.
Current Employment Openings
Venture Logistics is an asset based, privately held transportation company with over 350 power units and 1000 trailers. Our headquarters are located on the south side of Indianapolis.
We have immediate openings for:
IT Help Desk Associate – this position includes:
- Provide first line support for any information technology issues and problems.
- Provide assistance by phone, email and/or using a ticket management system.
- Track issues to resolution.
- Update the internal knowledgebase with issue resolution details.
- Track user account creation, changes and deletions.
- Perform password resets and re-certify tokens.
- Support computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones and applications.
- Monitor and escalate alerts from antivirus systems.
- Monitor backup system alerts and escalate errors.
- Maintain user accounts including rights, permissions and systems groups.
- Manage critical incidents.
- Escalate problems as required to Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams.
- Quickly and accurately determine incident scope and impact.
- Follow up on tickets at pre-defined intervals until resolved.
- Update daily status reports and shift handover reports.
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams.
Ideal candidate will possess hands on experience with the following technologies:
- Windows servers and desktops
- Active Directory
- Virtualized servers (Citrix XenServer a plus)
- Citrix XenApp
- Exchange Server 2010
- SQL Server 2008
- Windows Data Protection Manager (DPM) (backup)
- Office 2010
- Dell EqualLogic SANS
- Network Management
- VOIP Phone Systems
The candidate will also possess:
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere.
- Great communication skills – verbal and written
- Outgoing personality (need to be a real people person)
- 1 or more years IT support experience
- Transportation or logistics experience a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection.
- Perform safety inspections in accordance with FMCSA 49 CFR 396.
- Diagnose and repair engine issues using specific manufacturer software systems.
- Diagnose and repair HVAC issues including evac and recharge A/C units.
- Repair or replace brakes, wheel seals, suspension parts and coupling devices.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and pneumatic issues.
- Repair or replace chassis, suspension and axle components including, but not limited to: air bags, shocks, brakes, ABS modules, air tanks and lines.
- Repair or replace ICC bumpers, braces and dolly assemblies.
- Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, doors, door seals, wall and roof panels.
- Perform general repairs to company equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
Dispatcher/Driver Manager – All Shifts
(Some weekend work required)
About the Job: As our dispatcher you will assure our freight is delivered on schedule. You will track and verify orders by using TMW: assuring our company drivers are operating in accordance with D.O.T. rules and regulations.
Your job duties will include:
- Tracking drivers and loads that are assigned to you.
- Assigning trailers, drivers and trucks in TMW
- Dispatching drivers on their assigned routes assuring they have manifests and appropriate paperwork.
- Communicating with our customers, suppliers and your co-workers, by phone, e-mail fax, etc, keeping them informed.
- One to 2 years of Operations experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills, out of the box thinking and a sense of humor will help you to succeed in this position.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with customers and your co-workers
- The ability to analyze and interpret information as it comes across your desk
- The ability to deal with complexity and solve problems independently or with your co-workers, if available.
- The ability to work alone and with others in a time sensitive, deadline oriented environment.
- Experience with TMW, Outlook, fax machines, copiers strongly preferred but not required.
If you feel you are qualified for one of these positions, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Or you may send your resume to:
c/o Venture Logistics,
1101 Harding Court
Indianapolis, IN 46217
Fax to: (317) 787-1184
Venture Logistics is an ISO Certified Total Transportation Company in operation since 1992 and an MFDV Equal Opportunity Employer.