Employment Opportunity at Venture Logistics, Inc.
We’re always looking for quality company drivers to join our family, with benefits and unique bonus programs designed with the driver in mind. To learn more about how you can join our driving team, please click Company Driver or Owner Operator
Venture Logistics frequently recruits for Driver Managers (Dispatchers) and Mechanics, check here often for the positions that we are recruiting for. Also, we frequently post on Career Builder and Monster.com. Look for us there!
In addition to a pleasant working environment, we offer a full array of benefits that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. Venture Logistics is privately held and has over 500 employees throughout the United States. Send your resume to HR@Venlog.com.
Current Employment Openings
Venture Logistics is an asset based, privately held transportation company with over 350 power units and 1000 trailers. Our headquarters are located on the south side of Indianapolis.
We have immediate openings for:
IT Desktop & Help Desk Support Technician
The Desktop Technician’s role is to provide a point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This can include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware & software and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail & helpdesk software) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
The technician will also be responsible for all network printers including troubleshooting printing problems and replacing toner & ink. Inventory tracking of all consumables is also required using the company’s helpdesk and asset tracking software.
As a Help Desk team member the role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish required business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on & remote help at the desktop level.
Helpdesk is also responsible for all new user adds, moves or changes utilizing Active Directory and the company’s TMS, TMW Suite.
Helpdesk is also responsible for setting up all new users and maintaining users in Microsoft Exchange using the Microsoft Management’s Exchange Console.
Helpdesk support is further responsible for the setup and support of all mobile devices that the company utilizes including iPhones, iPads, etc. Inventory tracking of these devices is also required.
Formal Education & Certification:
1. Preferred, but not required college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or related field and/or minimum of 2 years equivalent work experience
2. Certifications in A+, MCP, MSDST a definite plus
Knowledge & Experience:
1. Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware & software, including HP, Microsoft Office 2007 & 2010, Adobe, Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc.
2. Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
3. Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
4. Extensive equipment support experience with RDP, Citrix GoToMeeting, TrackIT or other Helpdesk software.
5. Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including Windows XP & Windows 7 preferred. Working knowledge of Windows 8 is a plus.
6. Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
1. Ability to conduct research into PC & other technical issues and products as required using various resources.
2. Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
3. Strong written and oral communication skills.
4. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
5. Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
6. Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
7. Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
8. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
9. Strong customer-service orientation.
10. Above all else candidate must be have a can do attitude and be willing to do whatever it takes to keep the desktops running properly for maximum uptime.
1. Must be able to negotiate stairs.
2. Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
3. Light travel may be required.
Current Tech Environment:
1. Windows server environment including Server 2003, 2008R2 & 2012, Hyper-V, System Center 2012.
2. Trend Micro Endpoint Protection
4. Barracuda Spam Manager
5. Microsoft Exchange 2007
6. Active Directory 2008
7. Track-IT Helpdesk and Asset Software V.10
8. Hardware is primarily HP
Interested candidates should submit a resume and salary requirements to :
Rob Schwein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overall purpose: Maintain driver force of Venture Logistics. Keep all trucks moving with qualified, professional drivers.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruiting activities and all aspects of the driver hiring process of company and owner operators
- Must have the ability to create a positive first impression of Venture for orientation participants new to or returning to Venture. Manages the reception of trainees and new drivers as they arrive for orientation.
- Answer incoming calls from driver candidates
- Process phone and on-line applications
- Weekly implementation of driver orientation
- Screen all applicants to insure that DOT and company requirements are met
- Make travel arrangements for orientation attendees
- Serves as a primary initial resource between safety and operations. This will include following up with Safety on any discrepancies on paperwork or needed verifications.
- Monitors the Road Tests and Physical/Drug Screen process to assure consistent flow of employees to and from the test sites.
- Help develop both long term and short term strategic driver recruiting plans to meet the company’s needs for future growth
- Schedule drug screens for new applicants prior to orientation
- Ensure all new hires receive the information necessary to successfully perform their duties as drivers
- Oversee lunch arrangements for orientation class
Ideal candidate will possess:
- High School diploma or GED required. Four (4) year college degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Department of Transportation safety regulations a plus.
- Transportation or industry experience preferred.
- Positive “can do”personality. Ability to think outside of the norm to provide a positive experience for our new and returning drivers.
- Demonstrated comfort level speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to process and detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
To apply for this position send your resume and cover letter to HR@venlog.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection.
- Perform safety inspections in accordance with FMCSA 49 CFR 396.
- Diagnose and repair engine issues using specific manufacturer software systems.
- Diagnose and repair HVAC issues including evac and recharge A/C units.
- Repair or replace brakes, wheel seals, suspension parts and coupling devices.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and pneumatic issues.
- Repair or replace chassis, suspension and axle components including, but not limited to: air bags, shocks, brakes, ABS modules, air tanks and lines.
- Repair or replace ICC bumpers, braces and dolly assemblies.
- Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, doors, door seals, wall and roof panels.
- Perform general repairs to company equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
Dispatcher/Driver Manager – All Shifts
(Some weekend work required)
About the Job: As our dispatcher you will assure our freight is delivered on schedule. You will track and verify orders by using TMW: assuring our company drivers are operating in accordance with D.O.T. rules and regulations.
Your job duties will include:
- Tracking drivers and loads that are assigned to you.
- Assigning trailers, drivers and trucks in TMW
- Dispatching drivers on their assigned routes assuring they have manifests and appropriate paperwork.
- Communicating with our customers, suppliers and your co-workers, by phone, e-mail fax, etc, keeping them informed.
- One to 2 years of Operations experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills, out of the box thinking and a sense of humor will help you to succeed in this position.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with customers and your co-workers
- The ability to analyze and interpret information as it comes across your desk
- The ability to deal with complexity and solve problems independently or with your co-workers, if available.
- The ability to work alone and with others in a time sensitive, deadline oriented environment.
- Experience with TMW, Outlook, fax machines, copiers strongly preferred but not required.
If you feel you are qualified for one of these positions, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Or you may send your resume to:
c/o Venture Logistics,
1101 Harding Court
Indianapolis, IN 46217
Fax to: (317) 787-1184
Venture Logistics is an ISO Certified Total Transportation Company in operation since 1992 and an MFDV Equal Opportunity Employer.