Employment Opportunity at Venture Logistics, Inc.
We’re always looking for quality company drivers to join our family, with benefits and unique bonus programs designed with the driver in mind. To learn more about how you can join our driving team, please click Company Driver or Owner Operator
Venture Logistics frequently recruits for Driver Managers (Dispatchers) and Mechanics, check here often for the positions that we are recruiting for. Also, we frequently post on Career Builder and Monster.com. Look for us there!
In addition to a pleasant working environment, we offer a full array of benefits that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. Venture Logistics is privately held and has over 500 employees throughout the United States. Send your resume to HR@Venlog.com.
Current Employment Openings
Venture Logistics is an asset based, privately held transportation company with over 350 power units and 1000 trailers. We have immediate openings for:
Dispatcher/Driver Manager 2nd or 3rd shift
(Some weekend work required)
About the Job:
As our dispatcher you will assure our freight is delivered on schedule. You will track and verify orders by using TMW: assuring our company drivers are operating in accordance with D.O.T. rules and regulations.
Your job duties will include:
- Tracking drivers and loads that are assigned to you.
- Assigning trailers, drivers and trucks in TMW
- Dispatching drivers on their assigned routes assuring they have manifests and appropriate paperwork.
- Communicating with our customers, suppliers and your co-workers, by phone, e-mail fax, etc, keeping them informed.
- One to 2 years of Operations experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills, out of the box thinking and a sense of humor will help you to succeed in this position.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with customers and your co-workers
- The ability to analyze and interpret information as it comes across your desk
- The ability to deal with complexity and solve problems independently or with your co-workers, if available.
- The ability to work alone and with others in a time sensitive, deadline oriented environment.
- Experience with TMW, Outlook, fax machines, copiers strongly preferred but not required.
Tractor / Trailer Mechanics at our Southside Indianapolis terminal.
Part time & Full time positions may include four 10 hour days and/or 2nd shift and/or weekends. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing quality preventative and day to day maintenance and repair on our fleet of tractors and trailers.
- Repair of safety related problems on equipment.
- Doing your own shop paperwork
- Electrical repair, A/C and air brake systems
- Related experience and or training.
- If you are interested in part time, or if you are a student, you will work with our mechanics and assist them with PMs, brakes & inspections,
- DOT Certified in FHWA inspections and air brakes preferred.
- Welding Experience preferred.
- Must have tools.
- You must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Help Desk Adminstrator – Full Time
As our Help Desk Administrator, you will be the first line of contact for all IT related support issues, new hire and technology requests, and other technology related questions and/or problems. You will manage those issues/requests/questions and assist in building and deploying hardware & software as needed. To do this position, you will need: CompTIA A+, Network+. Server+ (or comparable).
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate well with less technical people with a smile and patience.
- Ability to learn technology related skills quickly
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/support issues/requests at a time.
- Good working knowledge of personal computer hardware and software (Windows/Office).
- Knowledge of Linux, web browsers, servers, and email clients, active directory, DNS, TCP/IP
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs with assistance, walk, stand and reach, hear and read.
If you feel you are qualified for one of these positions, please send your resume to: HR@venlog.com
Or you may send your resume to:
c/o Venture Logistics,
1101 Harding Court
Indianapolis, IN 46217
Fax to: (317) 787-1184
Venture Logistics is an ISO Certified Total Transportation Company in operation since 1992 and an MFDV Equal Opportunity Employer.